Weekend Events and Activities in Northwest Wisconsin – Your Guide to Family Fun and Adventures
Wondering what to do this weekend? Or are you just trying to add a little family fun to your busy schedule? This guide to the area’s weekend events and activities is everything you’ll need to plan a fun family outing in Northwest Wisconsin.
Weekend Events and Activities Calendar for Northwest Wisconsin
(last updated June 20, 2019)
Did You Know This? Recent Discoveries in Northwest Wisconsin
- Have you walked or biked on the Cedar Side Trail in Rice Lake? It’s only a few miles long, flat, and borders the Red Cedar River in Rice Lake. We parked and accessed the trail behind Goodwill. The trail is paved and fairly wide. We’ll be going back this fall, once the leaves change color, because it will make the perfect background for photos.
- There is a sunflower maze opening in August on County Highway B in Sarona. The sunflower field is across the street from Perlick’s Distillery, which is about 1 mile east of Hwy 53.
- The indoor swimming pool at Voyager Village is pretty great! The pool is huge (depth is 3-5 feet), and there are some pool toys available. The fee to swim is $3 for kids and $5 for adults, but the best part is that you can order food from their restaurant and have it delivered to you right at the pool. Have golfers in the family? Make it a day and play a round on their par 3 golf course.
I’d Like an Order Of…Top Eats in the Area
- The half naked cheese curds at The 715 Food & Spirits in Shell Lake are soft and gooey fresh Ellsworth cheese that is covered with just the right amount of breading.
- Giant Italian meatballs at Pogo’s! Pogo’s Harbor Inn on County Road T near Gordon serves up Italian meatballs just like Grandma used to make (if you were lucky!). The plate of spaghetti and giant meatball is from their children’s menu and was a hit! The giant meatball sandwich….had to be eaten with a knife and fork…messy but so good!
- Don’t miss breakfast from the Adventure’s food truck at the Spooner Farmer’s Market! The breakfast burritos are big enough for two and the breakfast tacos looked so good! They are serving up lunch too…pork or chicken tacos, hot dogs, and more.
Day Trip Ideas for When Your Family Wants a New Adventure
- Top Five Adventures for the Whole Family in Stillwater, Minnesota. One adventure involves a five scoop ice cream cone…and that’s the kid’s size cone!
- Mill City Museum – A Look Inside This Downtown Minneapolis Museum. Your family must ride the Flour Tower!
- Topgolf Minneapolis – Tips for Your Trip to This Minnesota Golf Venue. Golf in the rain, snow, freezing temperature…it really doesn’t matter what the weather is here.
- What You’ll See Inside the US Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth, Minnesota. This is a pretty cool place, whether you’re a hockey fan or not.
Ideas for a Rainy Day in Northwest Wisconsin
- Take the family swimming at Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center in Minong. Day passes are $10 per adult and $5 per kid. Check out their website for hours. You can also use their gym and shoot some hoops or do some laps around their walking track!
- Decorate your own pottery or paint a wood sign at The Potter’s Shed in Shell Lake. Visit their website, www.thepottersshed.com for hours and info.
Follow us on social media for a little inspiration for your next family adventure –
Want to add an event to our weekend event calendar? Click on the “contact me” tab and send me the info.