Weekend Events and Activities in Northwest Wisconsin – Your Guide to Family Fun and Adventures
Wondering what to do this weekend? Or are you just trying to add a little family fun to your busy schedule? This guide to the area’s weekend events and activities is everything you’ll need to plan a fun family outing in Northwest Wisconsin.
Weekend Events and Activities Calendar for Northwest Wisconsin
(last updated November 11, 2019)
Did You Know This? Recent Discoveries in Northwest Wisconsin
- There are some pretty awesome mountain and fat bike trails near Spooner. The Wildcat Mountain and Fat Bike Trail is 19 miles long and located off of Highway 70, 3 miles east of Spooner. Keep this in mind for next summer!
- The indoor swimming pool at Voyager Village is pretty great! The pool is huge (depth is 3-5 feet), and there are some pool toys available. The fee to swim is $3 for kids and $5 for adults, but the best part is that you can order food from their restaurant and have it delivered to you right at the pool.
I’d Like an Order Of…Top Eats in the Area
- The half naked cheese curds at The 715 Food & Spirits in Shell Lake are soft and gooey fresh Ellsworth cheese that is covered with just the right amount of breading.
- Giant Italian meatballs at Pogo’s! Pogo’s Harbor Inn on County Road T near Gordon serves up Italian meatballs just like Grandma used to make (if you were lucky!). The plate of spaghetti and giant meatball is from their children’s menu and was a hit! The giant meatball sandwich….had to be eaten with a knife and fork…messy but so good!
- Have you eaten the Friday night fish fry at Summit Lake Game Farm (southeast of Stone Lake)? We ate there a couple of weeks ago, and the fish is delicious! The deep fried fish has a light crispy batter and you get a choice of potato (cheesy potatoes!), a dish of coleslaw, and a baguette with both garlic butter and honey cinnamon butter. The fish dinner is all you can eat and costs $14. Their cheeseburgers are pretty tasty too!
Day Trip Ideas for When Your Family Wants a New Adventure
- Nickelodeon Universe is currently selling buy one get one free all day wristbands. This deal is good for Monday – Thursdays until November 21. Print your coupon from the “Special Offers” section of the Nickelodeon Universe website. Read my 33 Tips for Visiting Nickelodeon Universe here.
- Topgolf Minneapolis – Tips for Your Trip to This Minnesota Golf Venue. Golf in the rain, snow, freezing temperature…it really doesn’t matter what the weather is here.
Ideas for Indoor Fun on a Cold Winter Day in Northwest Wisconsin
- Take the family swimming at Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center in Minong. Day passes are $10 per adult and $5 per kid. Check out their website for hours. You can also use their gym and shoot some hoops or do some laps around their walking track!
- Decorate your own pottery or paint a wood sign at The Potter’s Shed in Shell Lake. Visit their website, www.thepottersshed.com for hours and info.
Follow us on social media for a little inspiration for your next family adventure –
Want to add an event to our weekend event calendar? Click on the “contact me” tab and send me the info.